"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Decisions!

There is nothing to dampen the adoption mood like bad press. There was some accusations about an adoption agency (not the one we are thinking about) going into poor villages in Ethiopia and offering families the option to put their children up for adoption. There were also accusations that families were paid for their children. I don't know who is right, I don't know if someone is lying, but this heartbreaking and terrifying to me. I would never want to take a child away from a loving family that could provide for them. I do want to provide a home, love and a family for child that does not have anybody. A child who would live their days out in an orphanage if not for adoption, that is the child I want.

There is a level of risk and stepping out in faith with international adoption. We understand that, but we need to constantly pray that God leads us. That He leads us to the right agency, the right country, the right child. I know He has a plan! That will get me through!

On a another note, we will almost have our first program fee thanks to some awesome family members. They know who they are and we are both surprised, delighted and completely blessed by them! Thank you, thank you!

Also, we will be having a yard sale very soon. If anyone is local, we would gladly accept donated items for the sale. Please just let me know, I will even come and pick up items!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails