"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Confusion

It's 11:15 and I have had a really long day. My head hit the pillow and I should have been asleep, Kelly was, me...wide awake. You know how sometimes, you are so tired, but your brain just won't stop. Usually I can think on a couple things and finally drift off. Not tonight, maybe it was me being over tired, maybe God was tugging at me to not go to sleep quite yet. Either way, I wish I had rolled over and found this out in the morning.

I don't even know why I am so stressed out or emotional, but I am. We were pretty sure we were settled on Ethiopia and on an agency. But today, I had just been feeling unrest. As I quietly eased out of bed to browse on the computer while I unwound to soon head back to bed, I went straight to the other blogs I follow that I haven't checked all night and found out the the Ethiopia adoption process has had a big change. As of a couple days ago, parents were required one trip, one week to go pick up their child. Now, parents will BOTH be required to go before court and state that they want to adopt their child and then the have to come home, returning about 3 months later to pick their child up.

This not only will add a significant amount of money and time off of work, more time someone has to watch our girls, but what I know already would be the hardest part....meeting my child and then leaving Africa without him or her.

The part I am confused the most about and I have been sitting here asking God....what am I supposed to do with this information? Of the 3 blogs that I read this on, the families are already accepted into the Ethiopia programs, but we haven't put our country decision to paper.
What do I do with this?
What do I do with this?

Okay, I have had my pity party, I am going to read my post from last night about God planning out all of our days. He knew this was coming, I just wish that in the morning, He would leave a note by the coffee that says something to the effect..."Dear One, this is what I would like you to do......with several steps laid out :) A girl can dream.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails