Let me help you find your way around my blog a bit:
We decided to adopt internationally in Feb 2010. From there you can see our timeline on the right hand side of the blog under Adoption Timeline.
As you can imagine, the cost of adoption is overwhelming, somewhere between $22,000 - $30,000. We are stepping out in faith and we know that God will provide. If you would like to join us in our adventure, you can safely contribute to our adoption on the right with the chipin button. Or, you can check out the fundraiser page and participate by helping out or buying a product that will support the fees. You can see the break-down and what we have already paid here.
Also, along the right side of the blog you will find other blogs that deal with adoption and orphans. Please visit them and pray for all these families and their children that are waiting to be united.
At the very top of the blog, there are some informational pages that deal with adoption and orphan statistics. I hope that the adoption information helps anyone considering this path; and I hope the statistics will open everyone eyes to the fact that we as Christians need to be doing more to take care of the orphans as God commands us. We are not all called to adopt, but we all have a part to play.
I will be adding more as time goes on, so check back often. Thank you coming along on our journey! We would love your prayers thru it all and we would be delighted to pray for you; feel free to leave a prayer request!
Kelly and Jessica
Here are some other questions you may have:
- What country are you adopting from? Ethiopia
- What age are you requesting and are you asking for a boy or girl? 18 months or younger and a boy!
- How long will the process take? 12-18 months
- What is the cost? as mentioned above, it could be up to $30,000 and just may be that much if we are required to make two trips to Ethiopia
- How soon do you need the money? we will need over $14,000 in the first 6 months (you can see in the timeline money that we have raised and spent)
How can you help?
- Pray! Please pray for our agency, us, and our son.
- Follow us with the button on the right side, this will keep you updated.
- Help spread the word and grab our button on the side.
- Donate through the secure chipin button on the side bar.