"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Waiting

This is a taste of what will come after the paper chase. We have heard that the homestudy part of the adoption is hard. We have also been told that once you have done your part and you must wait is ever harder. We mailed our application last week and I received an email saying that they got is April 1st, we must wait while they look it over, possibly needing more info from us and getting back to us in 10 business days. :( I hate waiting....

So, I have buried myself in a book (when we are not doing school or laundry) that is so precious, it is helping me see my wonderful Jesus in a new light and make me so wish that I could have lived 2000 years ago to actually hear Him speak and actually put my eyes on Him. It makes me look hard at myself, would I have faithfully believed or been a sceptic? Would I have been too busy following the rules to know that the Messiah was here (while I am not Jewish, I do like me some rules.... I am learning to give as much grace as I have been given)

What's even more cool about this book series, is that God has led me to scriptures right before or right after they pop up in my book! The WORD is alive, oh yes it is, and I see it apply directly to me on a daily basis! Love it when that happens!!!!

So, if your interested, I'm on book 3 of this series. See if your library has them, mine has a few of them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails