"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Praising God in my Rain Storm

Right now I am praising God through my tears of happiness, sadness, and exhaustion. I don't even have the energy to write this post, but I have to before it leaves my brain. See, I tend to be as forgetful as the Israelites.....

We had a huge yard sale and bake sale planned today. Kelly warned me the forecast was for rain, but I was optimistic as it said only a 30% chance and not till the afternoon. Even as recently as last night that's what it said. We had so many people give us stuff for the sale and I had some wonderful friends bake for us. We had a bank agree to let us use the parking lot on a very busy road, we placed an ad in the paper, it was going to be GOOD! We FILLED a 6x12 U Haul trailer, we had 6 tables full of stuff plus all kinds of other big itmes.

On my way to the bank after I bought some ice for the cooler, the song that I love below called Praise you in this storm was on the radio and I simply asked God, "Please, not today"

it was drizzling.......

it was going to clear up and not rain until 3, or so the weather channel said......

We got set up, people we starting to really show up.........

At 9am it started to rain..........

and it didn't stop raining........

things were going to get ruined........

people drove by, but are now a whole lot less willing to get out and even look............since it's still raining.

I was so cold, and wet, and mad. Yep, my first emotion is usually anger when things don't go my way. I didn't cry till hours later (would someone please smack me and remind me that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.)

So after we scrabbled to put things where they wouldn't get wet, Kelly took the furniture home so it wouldn't get ruined, the rain came and went, came and went, we sold a few more things, sold some more brownies.......

and then we packed up......do you know that we were FIVE MINUTES from being finished packing up and the heavens opened up and poured on us?!

After we got the U Haul unloaded, I decided to count and see how well we did. I knew it wouldn't be at my expectations and we probably did the same as our last yard sale (last minute, not even half the stuff, and no bake sale)............

after all the expenses, (U Haul, newspaper ad, 2 tarps for the rain :( gas, and lunch)...............

...........

..........

......

....we still made $550!!!

And what sent me to tears was this: I figured up what we need this week to mail to the agency for our first fee and to start our homestudy.....with the yard sale money, we have it...almost EXACTLY!

So, consumed with awe of my God, He did not give us tons today, He gave us EXACTLY how much we needed....in that moment I remembered the song I heard this morning. I love the words, the tune, but today I had to live it. I am exhausted, my hair (that I straightened at 6am) is plastered to my head from the rain, I have a van full of sheets, blankets and the like that are soaked and will now need washing.........but I am praising my God. He knows what we need, when we need it.

Listen to this song and be encouraged. I listed the words below.



Praise You in This Storm
words by Mark Hall/music by Mark Hall and Bernie Herms

I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to You
and raised me up again
my strength is almost gone how can I carry on
if I can't find You
and as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away


I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth
I lift my eyes onto the hills
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is good and His hand is on you and your child who is in Africa.

Love ya sister! d.

Jim and April said...

WOW! Amen...that's amazing and your so right...He gave you what you needed! :0)

Related Posts with Thumbnails