"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Cake

So, several weeks ago Little Sis started telling us her cake "plans".  To say that these were anything but extravagant would be an understatement.

First, she wanted a serpent cake, like the basilisk from Harry Potter, complete with the big stone statue that the snake comes out of.


Then, she said instead she wanted a 3 tiered cake with chocolate shaped frogs around the bottom.


Clearly, the child has been watching too much Cake Boss!


So, when I explained that there was no way on this earth that her mother was that talented (heck, I'm doin' good to get a box of cake mix and whip it together), she stared thinking a little simpler.

And, we seemed to be on the same page.


Before I knew what she had told Daddy what she was thinking, I pictured a chocolate iced cake with some like of colorful icing circles.

She told her Daddy that she wanted M&Ms and Gummy Bears....perfect!


My big girl LOVED her cake!



Seven!  She's SEVEN!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails