"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Born in Germany

That's me! Always thought it was cool to have a different birthplace than other people.

Until this week!

In order to have a current, certified report of my birth (abroad), I had to send a notarized, written request to the US State Department.......with a payment of $50......and they "recommend" sending it FedX......and paying for the FedX back.......since regular mail is so slow in DC......

So, it's off. And might I add I feel like an adult....I know, I have been one for awhile, but there's something about sending and receiving FedX that makes me feel grown-up. You know, motherhood doesn't require all that "business" stuff like a career would. ;)

So, hopefully in a couple weeks I will have a little piece of paper stating that I was, in fact....born. (You would think they would take my mother's word for it!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails