"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

6 Months and Adoption Day

When Baby Sis was born, you can bet a few short days later, I looked at a calendar to see what our "adoption day" would be, you know, the magic age when our agency would let us come back.  It felt odd that it was 9-11, but somehow fitting.  That was the day our country will always remember those lost, but now it was a day of hope and a life added to our family.

Now we are so excited, that we did NOT have to wait the whole six months to get back in the saddle with our adoption, but I still sort of think as today as adoption day :-)

What's happening with the adoption you say?  Well, we are finished with the homestudy!!! Again ;-) We should have a hard copy that we can send off to get our fingerprints appointment this week!!!



So, happy six month birthday to my sweet baby girl, wow, where is the time going?!




And happy adoption day to my sweet boy.  Has he been born, is his birth mother still pregnant, or is he only a sweet child in the Father's hands still being formed by his Creator?  Whichever it is, I am thinking of him today.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails