"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Child Abducted from Home: Ransom Required

The police are reporting that the other night a child was abducted from their home.  The parents have been contacted and the ransom is set.

Have you seen this quirky girl?

No one is even questioning that the parents will do all that they can to find their child.  The child that God had intended for them to raise.
Has anyone seen this spunky child?

No one is disputing that they should beg or borrow the money to ransom their sweet baby.

Have you seen this child?

No one says, "Well, if God had planned for your family to go though this, He would provide a way to pay for it and it wouldn't include going into debt."


Now, I may ruffle some feathers with this post, but here are my thoughts, take them or leave them.  I have come across more than one post over the past weeks on debt and adoption.  The general feeling seems to be that Christians (if they are following the Bible) should not be going into debt to adopt.

Now, I know all about Dave Ramsey and I completely agree with him that we should not tie ourselves down to debt.  This country (including me) have such a terrible case of the "I want it now" syndrome that it's going to oh sorry, it already has kill our economy.  

What I have a beef with is people pretty much condemning families who choose or must use debt to adopt.


Why?


If only 7% of Christians would adopt, there would be NO MORE ORPHANS.

Why would you discourage the 1% who are actually willing to go?

                                                     

Not all of us are finically supported by friends and family through fundraisers.

Not all of us have lived in the same town all of our lives and are connected and networked enough to raise $30,000.

Not all of us have an income to support an adopton up front.


                                                     

I can tell you this much....

If my daughter was kidnapped today and a ransom was offered up for her release.  You can bet that I would spend the rest of my life paying back any amount the bank would be willing to loan me so that I could ransom her.

Do I hope that we can raise enough money for our son?  Yes

Do I want to borrow money? No




Will I do whatever it takes to ransom him?  Yes


***Just to let you know, no children in this post were abducted ;) they are safe and sound tucked in their beds.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rouan said...

You had me worried but only for a second! I think it's a great analogy. :) People go into debt for a lot of stupid reasons and I don't think ransoming Caleb is one of them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails