"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We are approved!

Ha!  Who knew?!  Just kidding... I wasn't worried about any problems with our FBI fingerprints, but we are glad that part is behind us.  As I mentioned before, the actual process was quite painless, the price ($) not so painless...  I just have to remind myself it's all part of the ransom for my child, a child I have never laid eyes on, but one that I pray for and think of.  The one I plan for (yes, the hubby wanted to know what I had bought so many Christmas place mats...you know...for the future!), and the one I long for.

I wonder, will his face be long and slender, or chubby and round?  Will his skin be dark chocolate or a light coffee color?  I wish he was with us as we celebrate family this week, even with all the sickness and go, go, go of the holiday, I wish he was with us.  I wish the matching cribs were set up in the baby room.

But, he's not.  It makes me sad, but I am clinging to the truth that God has a better handle on the details, the timing, and all the things in-between than I do.

So, we have a 1-171H




Now we just need all the money that goes with the dossier.....

I am claiming this and praying it over our adoption.


Jer. 29:11 
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails