"If I were to ask God why He lets poverty and injustice exist, why there are so many orphans and why He does nothing about it, I am SURE He would ask me the same ..."

author unknown

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

About Us

My name is Jessica and my dear sweet hubby is Kelly. We have three beautiful girls, big sis and little sis plus our newest little baby sis :) Welcome to our site where we will blog about our journey to grow our family through adoption in Africa.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

We moved the girls!

Don't worry, they still live with us, but today they have temporarily moved into the playroom. Naturally, the bunk beds needed more disassembly getting them out of the bedroom, around the tight corner in the hallway and into the playroom. Can't we have a simple project? Is there really such thing as a simple project? I don't think so, but whatever!

So, we are effectively emptying out the bedroom so that it can have a makeover. Nothing big, just new carpet padding (thanks to the stray cat we adopted; I won't share just how gross it still smells even after a visit from Stanley Steamer and countless cleaning and freshening by me), and a fresh coat of paint. Yippy, we finally will be testing out just how long paint lasts! You see we bought pink paint for the girls room, oh about 4 years ago when we moved in. Problem was, after I painted the 2 bathrooms, I was a little burnt out on painting, so I took a long break. Then life got away from me, Kelly went to Iraq for a year, I started homeschooling, yada yada, and the children still do not have a pink room.

So, the bunk beds are moved, put back together and the kiddos are doing the nightly routine, snack, jammies, and brushing teeth as we speak. Hubby and I should be pulling up some gross carpet padding within the hour. Pictures to come when the makeover is finished (we may even add some fun purple stripes to the room per the girls' request).

Next up, playroom makeover and transformation to new baby room!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails